Four dead in Thai nightclub fire

Fire caused by lightning strike


The fire started early on Friday in a bar on the island of Phuket, police said.


Hospital workers said foreigners were among the casualties of the blaze at the Tiger disco on the island of Phuket, where rescue workers pulled the charred bodies of victims out of the smoldering wreckage.


“There are four confirmed dead. We believe they are foreign tourists but it’s not yet confirmed,” Phuket deputy governor ChamroenTipayapongtada reported.


“The fire was caused by lightning which struck a transformer and the fire spread throughout the place,” he added.


Thais and foreigners


Hospital workers in the seaside resort of Patong said the injured included both Thais and foreigners.


“We received more than 20 people who sustained injuries from the Tiger Pub fire. Most are suffering from suffocation,” one hospital worker said.


“Two are in critical condition from severe burns. One of them is a French man who suffered burns on his torso,” she added. “The four dead bodies were burnt beyond recognition. We cannot identify even their gender.”


Concerns about fire safety at Thai nightclubs were highlighted by a massive blaze at a disco in the capital Bangkok in 2009 that left more than 60 people dead, including foreigners, as people celebrated the New Year.

 паста рецепт соусаcheap call girls singaporegooge adwordsраскрутка сатаGrandoptioncheat-na-dengi.combest metatrader

Previous post

UN Ends Syria Mission

Next post

Ahmadinejad: Zionist regime an insult to all humanity

No Comment

Leave a Reply